Crostini are slices of toasted bread garnished with toppings such as beans, vegetables, cheese, and herbs. This white bean crostini is a blend of cannellini beans, garlic, olive oil, and spices.
Cannellini beans, also known as white kidney beans, have a delicate flavor and are packed with nutrition. They are a great source of antioxidants, dietary fiber, iron, Vitamin K, the B vitamins, and minerals such as phosphorus, copper, calcium, potassium, and manganese.
This simple dish takes about 5 minutes to pull together. Serve this at a party and your friends will surely be impressed.
The white bean puree can also be used as a dip or a tasty alternative to hummus.
White Bean Crostini
- 19 oz cannellini beans canned
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Rinse and drain the cannellini beans.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth.
- Serve on slices of baguette or toasted bread. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.