This classic Italian treat is made up of the best of summer flavors. Juicy ripe tomatoes are combined with garlic, onion, and olive oil and served on crunchy toasted bread. When you’re looking for a bright, juicy summer snack, you can make this easy Tomato Bruschetta in a just a few minutes.
It’s good for you too. Tomatoes are a great source of the antioxidant lycopene, vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Tomatoes get better and better the further into summer we get. They are just coming into their own in June and by the time we get to September they are going to be fabulous. In the summer we feast on this at least once a week. I pulled this dish together in about 10 minutes.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- oregano to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Italian bread toasted
- Chop tomatoes and put in a mixing bowl.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients and add to the tomatoes.
- Toss until well combined.
- Arrange toast on a plate. Pour tomato mixture all over the top. Enjoy!