Tartar sauce is a condiment made of mayonnaise, pickles, and a few other ingredients. I like to make my tartar sauce with sweet pickle relish. But you can also use dill pickles and capers in you prefer.
This sauce is a perfect complement to fish dishes. You’ll often see it served with fish and chips, and other fried seafood. It’s also an interesting sandwich spread.
I often serve it with breaded fish cakes that I bake in the oven, or with breaded flounder filets. Try it with your next fish dinner. It’s super easy to make, and you may even have all the ingredients in your home right now.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp fresh dill minced
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate before using.