June on the east coast offers a bounty of salad greens and colorful vegetables. We took a trip to the farm market and picked up a selection of seasonal delights. We made this summer salad with a lemon olive oil dressing and served it for lunch with sliced Italian bread.
The more colors you add to your salad, the more variety of nutrients you’re taking in to give you energy on these hot summer days. It makes for a very pretty plate too.
- red or green leaf lettuce
- iceberg lettuce
- mixed vegetables (purple cabbage, red onion, radish, red tomato, yellow tomato, carrot, cucumber, avocado)
- olive oil extra virgin
- lemon juice
- Wash and drain the lettuces. Slice all of the vegetables and pull them into your salad in whatever quantity you want.
- Squeeze on fresh lemon juice, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Serve with a crusty Italian baguette.