This recipe for Spicy Calabrian Shrimp is a real crowd pleaser. Consider serving them as appetizers at your next get-together. These spicy shrimp make a great accompaniment to risotto dishes. They also make a tasty addition to a salads.
Spicy Calabrian Shrimp are so easy and quick to make. Simply combine the ingredients in a bowl, dip in the shrimp to coat them. Arrange them on a baking sheet covered in parchment, and pop them in the oven for 8-10 minutes depending on how large your shrimp are.
Calabrian chili paste is extremely hot. You can vary the amount you use in this recipe depending on your taste. It adds a lot of flavor as well as heat.
This recipe is our go-to party food.
Spicy Calabrian Shrimp
- 3-5 shrimp (per person) deveined and peeled
- 1/4 cup parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Calabrian chili paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl combine cheese, olive oil, chili paste, and oregano to form a paste.
- Dip shrimp into paste, coating them on both sides.
- Arrange the shrimp on a baking sheet covered in parchment.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp.