I made these savory Deviled Eggs With Tapenade as an appetizer on Easter Sunday, but they would make a delicious treat any time of year.
While the eggs were boiling, I made a batch of my Sexy Olive Tapenade. I didn’t have a lemon on hand, so I substituted a squirt of lime juice instead. The results were just as wonderful as usual.
Next, I made the deviled eggs. I use this same recipe for my Deviled Egg Salad. When I make the egg salad recipe, I break up the cooked whites and mix them together with the yolks. For Deviled Eggs, I fill each cooked egg white half with a spoonful of the yolk mixture.
For the finishing touch, I top each deviled egg with a teaspoonful of the tapenade mixture. The savory flavors blend very well together. They were a big hit on Easter Sunday. I’ll be making these Deviled Eggs With Tapenade again to keep on hand for a healthy snack.
Deviled Eggs With Tapenade
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade (recipe in Notes below)
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, careful not to break the whites. Set the whites aside.
- Put the cooked egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Break them up with a fork.
- To the yolks, add the mustards, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Mix well to form a creamy paste. Adjust the amount of mayonnaise to your liking.
- Fill each white half with an overflowing amount of the yolk mixture.
- Top with a spoonful of tapenade.