This is a super easy recipe for when you want to get a healthy side dish on the table in just a few minutes. My Black Beans with Cherry Tomatoes recipe takes about 15 minutes tops.
Black beans are one of the healthiest beans you can eat. They are high in fiber, protein, Vitamins A and C, calcium, folate, magnesium, iron, and contain more antioxidants than other beans.
Research has shown that a diet rich in black beans can help regulate blood sugar, reduce the risk of certain cancers such as those related to the digestive track, may promote prostate health, and can help protect your eyes against age-related issues such as cataracts.
Cherry tomatoes are packed with vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. They can help protect against certain cancers like colon and prostate. They can also help maintain a healthy blood pressure, and protect the eyes against light damage.
This recipe combines the power of both black beans and cherry tomatoes into one delicious dish. Serve it as a side dish the next time you make sandwiches. It also works well next to a hearty fish, such as salmon. This dish also makes a great breakfast side to give you sustained energy throughout the day.
Black Beans With Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pour black beans along with their liquid into a large skillet. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes, salt, and oregano. Add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, or more according to the the desired level of heat. Cook for 10 minutes.